Here at Blue Ridge Family Dental, we ensure that our patients get specialized and personalized care you deserve. We use a state of the art technology and highest standards of dental care in order to give preventative care in a comfortable and relaxed environment. Our general dentists have the skills and knowledge to perform a wide variety of procedures to ensure your oral health needs are addressed and are well taken care of.
General dentists are the primary dental care provider for individuals of all ages. They can take care of your and your family’s overall health. Your general dentist is the one who diagnoses, treats and the one who provides overall care for your oral health needs. More of his services are preventative which means he helps you prevent possible oral health problems like tooth decay, gum and periodontal diseases.
Our general dentists provide a wide array of services, some of them are the following:
- Diagnose oral conditions that may manifest into systemic disease with the use of latest techniques and equipment. The head, neck and oral cavity are being examined as well to determine the oral health of the patient.
- Uses specialized diagnostic techniques to identify diseases of the teeth, supporting bone, gingival tissues and other tissues in the oral cavity and head and neck.
- Restore and replace teeth damaged by decay, lost from trauma or disease with dental materials, implants and crown and bridge techniques.
- Perform corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum disease.
- Extract teeth when necessary.
- Eliminate pain resulting from oral diseases, conditions and trauma while making use of prescriptive medicines to reduce pain and discomfort.
- Correct badly positioned teeth to improve chewing, speech, digestion of food and appearance
- Evaluate overall health of their patients including taking and evaluating comprehensive medical histories
- Provide education and advice on oral health care and preventive measures to maintain healthy oral tissues and prevent oral disease
- Provide instructions and advice on oral health care including individualized diet analysis, brushing and flossing techniques, use of fluoridated products and other specialized preventive measures to maintain healthy oral tissues and prevent oral disease
Regular checkups and visits to your dentist can help you avoid the following problems:
- Oral and facial pain. This pain may be largely due to infection of the gums that support the teeth and can lead to tooth loss. Gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease, and advanced gum disease affect more than 75% of the U.S. population.
- Problems with the heart and other major organs.Mouth infections can affect major organs. For example, the heart and heart valves can become inflamed by bacterial endocarditis, a condition that affects people with heart disease or anyone with damaged heart tissue.
- Digestion problems.Digestion begins with physical and chemical processes in the mouth, and problems here can lead to intestinal failure, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders.
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure. High quality hygiene starts and ends with maintaining a good quality regime and that means incorporating your regular dental visits to your daily habit of brushing twice a day and flossing. This also includes eating the right kind of food that is healthy for your teeth and gums. If you take good care of your teeth, you will look better with a healthier and brighter smile. More importantly, you will be able to keep your natural teeth longer because you will be able to avoid tooth decay, periodontal disease, gum and other mouth diseases. The oral health issues can lead to even bigger problems like diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, malnutrition and pregnancy related issues.
One bad tooth can start more complicated problems in your mouth. If it is left untreated, it will result to infection and worse, loss of tooth. Though there may be a lot of restorative procedures that can help you fix this, it is always better to be preventive now. Not only will it help you keep your natural teeth longer, it will also help you save unnecessary costs that come along with the treatments required when you take your teeth for granted. It will not take so much of your time to make your preventative dental trips to your general dentist at least twice a year, ideally. What will take more time and more expenses would be taking your oral health for granted and waiting until it is too late.
Contact Blue Ridge Family Dental for best general dentistry in Vacaville, CA. Conveniently located – 292 Alamo Drive, Ste. 5, Vacaville, CA 95688