What we eat and our daily diet affects your oral health. Even though you regularly brush and floss our teeth needs proper nutrients.
Top 7 Foods for Healthy teeth that help bolster the health of our teeth and gums.
- Milk. Dairy products like milk is an excellent source of calcium, and vitamin D. Calcium can strengthen your bones and teeth. Vitamin D helps utilize calcium, assisting the development of enamel. Teeth mostly consist of calcium, without enough calcium you are at high risk of developing tooth decay and other problems. These may help to maintain and achieve healthy teeth.
- Onions. Raw onions consist of antimicrobial sulfur-containing compounds that help fight bacteria in the mouth that may cause tooth disease. In a test, onions exterminate four strains of bacteria that may cause cavities and gum disease.
- Citrus fruits. Citrus fruit like oranges and pineapples can increase more saliva that can help clean the teeth and whiten your smile It contains vitamin C that also helps to kill off the acid-creating bacteria that can affect the surface of your teeth. It can also be an antioxidant that can help maintain and cleanse your teeth.
- Nuts and beans. Nuts and beans have a protein that has a high level of phosphorus, which is an essential component of in improving the strength of teeth and jaw. It also balances the pH level in the mouth, preventing high risk in cavity-causing bacteria.
- Green Tea. Green tea contains polyphenol that protects the teeth preventing the plaque It also conceals the genes of bacteria that may produce a smelly compound in the mouth.
- Shiitake Mushrooms. Shiitake mushrooms contain a natural sugar called lentinan. It helps prevent gingivitis — a gum disease that causes by build up bacteria. Base on a study, lentinan with its antibacterial compound helps to kill cavity-causing bacteria that may cause harm to your teeth.
- Raisin. Raisins are composed of phytochemicals, which kill bacteria that lead to a cavity. Most people think that the thickness may be bad for the teeth surface, yet studies have proven differently.
Diet is important to strengthen our teeth and proper nutrition. Want to have a strong healthy white teeth? Contact Blue Ridge Family Dental for a dental checkup in Vacaville.
Experienced a Tooth mishap? Contact us for a Chipped Tooth in Vacaville or for your other dental needs. Call and Book your appointment with Blue Ridge Family Dental today!